Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mid-aged couple adventures...or not

 Rating : 2.5/5

I was bored once and this was the best thing that I could come up with.
As you probably guessed a mid-age couple goes out on a fancy date to break from the daily routine and this routine gets more than broken. Well all this happens when they get tangled up in the web of some blackmail story because they pretended to be another couple and 'stole' their restaurant reservation. Afterwhich the hell of more-or-less funny doubtfully-probable situations breaks loose.  
This leads to gun shooting, a bit too shabby for some 'pro' thugs, and a pretty cool car chase. Actually the chase was the most interesing moment of the movie.
The rest of it screams average comedy, there are funny moments from time to time but nothing extraordinary.  
 The acting was not bad, actually there was an almost real couple chemistry going on. I guess that they would work out more than fine in a stand-up show; no need of all the cinematographic resources put out for this one.












Spoiler Alert!!!


I mostly enjoyed the restaurants scenes the Will-I-am and Sam-I-am ones included...another detail pointing out that all that mattered was the comedian potential of the actors. 

2 comments:

  1. i agree, I was kinda disspointed by this one too; the guy used to be on the daily show on comedy central and he was funny there; too bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's still funny, but there are no well written films that star him, excepting for "Get Smart" i guess; I wait to see "Dinner for Schmucks" will come out...

    ReplyDelete