Sunday, February 19, 2012

There is still Hope for Mankind

Today I saw 2 kids, about 10 of age, kicking a football in the heart of the city. Moreover they were shooting it against an empty wall. And then I instantly became filled with joy! It reminded my of my childhood when I could have spent an entire day kicking footballs at walls with my buddies.

But that was not the only reason; the other one is the hope that the image gave me. It's been at least 5 years since I've seen kids playing outside in a random location. And now I saw these two on a cloudy Sunday morning, at about 5°C, having fun with that ball. So, there is still hope for this whole civilization. I thought that the new generations were completely drown in the technological virtual world and that we would end up the way we were depicted in Wall-E, screen-equipped floating couch-potatoes. This proves me wrong and I was so happy about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment